X
X

• Филтър
  • Час
  • Покажи
Изчисти всичко
нови мнения

• От: Близкия изток

the hill in the background is in Armenia. theres an overlook, where Armenians can look down on the ruins, as they are not allowed to visit.
    theres a big fence & turkish border towers all down the ridge

Хълмът отзад е в Армения. Има място на високото, откъдето арменците могат да гледат надолу към руините, тъй като не им е позволено да ги посещават.
    Има голяма ограда и турски гранични постове по цялото протежение.

Hey, I told you I took alot of pics!!!!!

Хей, казах ви, че съм направил много снимки!!!
    Последно редактирано от viki terzieva; 27-08-10, 09:53.

Коментар

Великолепни снимки поднесени с фантазия. Благодаря че споделяш с нас!

Мисля си от някое време , че не е лошо да обсъдим дали форума да не учреди една ежегодна награда за най-железен задник /iron ass/ в мотоциклетните походи. Като естествено предлагам първата да получи Дъг. Мога да се ангажирам с изработката на подходяща статуетка.

Гледам на едно друго място ..... какво стана с бобината? Да помагаме ли?

Splendid photos, presented with imagination. Thank you for sharing with us!

I've been pondering for a while, that we should discuss whether the forum could establish an annual "iron butt" award in the category "bike traveling". Naturally, I would like to nominate Doug to receive the first award. I can commit to sculpting an appropriate statuette for this award.

I was reading through the topic and wondered - what happened with the coil problem? Can we offer any help?
      Последно редактирано от sabin; 27-08-10, 21:52.

Никога не се страхувай да правиш това, което не умееш. Помни, че Ноевият ковчег е направен от любители. Професионалистите са построили "Титаник".

Коментар

Thanks to whoever is doing the translation, it is perfect!

Like I would know!

hahahaha

Doug

Благодаря на тези, които правят превода, перфектен е!

Все едно мога да преценя!

хахахаха

Дъг
        Последно редактирано от sabin; 27-08-10, 22:37.

Коментар

I headed south from Kars, towards Mt Ararat, of the Noah & the Ark fame.
          The road was actually pretty good thru here. A bit barren tho, this is right along the Armenian border, & theres military checkpoints
          & patrols everywhere. In fact, this road is closed after dark, so I had to make sure I was somewhere I wanted to be by then.

lots of chinese bikes around here. they are very localized, you wont see any for a couple days, then a town is full of them.
          These guys saw me & chased me down, asking me to stop.
          they pulled a melon out of the bag & cut it up, we sat around looking at bikes & sorta talking.
          Then of course other people kept stopping to see what was going on. I finally had to go, as it was getting late

this old guy stopped by on his peewee herman signature series bike

Коментар

finally, Mt Ararat, from the west side. I saw the east side a couple weeks ago

Най-накрая планината Арарат - от западната страна. Източната страна я видях преди няколко седмици.

Последно редактирано от viki terzieva; 30-08-10, 10:11.

Коментар

about now, I was thinking that gee, 2 weeks ago, I was about 20 miles from here when the bike broke. 2 weeks later, I've only gone 20 miles. that sucks!

not long after that, of course the bike dies. just like I flipped the switch. I coasted to the side of the road, got gas, kicked, nothing.
              I pulled the points cover off, they were a lil dirty, so I cleaned them. it started back up, & off I went, an easy fix....
              (this will return later)

I got a room in Dogubayazit, they are repairning the roads in town of course, putting down these nice little bricks that are great
              for a few months, till the trucks make em all crooked & wavy (as I have seen in other towns)
              they put down a base of what looks like ground lava powder, smooth it, & install the bricks.
              I hit a spot where they hadnt finished yet, & got stuck.
              I had to get off the bike, & move bricks that were hanging up on the frame so I could keep moving.
              in traffic of course!
              and the lava dust that ends up leftover on top of the bricks is REAL slippery!

The panhead had more ground clearance. I admit I built this bike too low, but I thought the roads here were gonna be better.
              Im surprised I havent broken the frame yet.
              I hope I didnt just jinx myself!

This was a bustling border town, anything you could want was for sale on the streets, bootleg stuff from Iran, which is only a few miles
              away, & probably from other places also. I was a bit worried about the bike, but the hotel owner let me put it in the hallway.

Коментар

sites from the balcony

this was in the morning, things here dont really get hoppin til later in the day

Коментар

I headed south, right along the border with Iran. so close I saw border checkpoints!
                  I didnt stop the bike!
                  pics taken while I was riding, the border I just had to take a pic & zoom in on it

it was really high up here, over 7000 feet. there were some awesome lava beds that went on for miles

less military prescence here, I guess TR is more worried about Armenia than Iran?

storm clouds ahead, and spittin rain, so I stopped to put on rain gear the 1st time since leaving BG. I was hoping
                  not to need it at all

Коментар

10 minutes later, the bottom fell out. at 7k feet, rain is COLD!
                    soon after, it was HARD!
                    Yep! Hail storm!
                    sunofabitch!
                    theres no cover anywhere. nothing. a hail stone the size of a thumbnail hits me on the keecap
                    OUCH
                    1 minute later, another, same exact place!
                    F&%K!!!!
                    its hittin so hard my helmet sounds like John Bohnams drum kit. I'm ducked over, tryin to stay on the edge of the road, there looks to be a village up there.
                    I'm barely crawling, I get to the vilage, & stop, looking for something to hide under. some kid runs out to me with an umbrella,
                    & invites me to his house.
                    a lady opens the door, & waves me in, but Im dripping wet, & dont wanna go, til she pulls the carpet back, & I stand in the doorway.
                    these people have obviously had a wet hairy bedraggled sort like myself in their house before. I had to duck to get in the door.
                    I was a foot taller than they were. It was kinda funny.
                    of course they offered me tea. hahaha
                    Very nice people, even if we couldnt talk much. there was a couple, & I think 5 kids, and grandpa living there.
                    you could tell they were very poor. I wanted real bad to take a picture of them, but was embarassed to ask them, so I didnt.
                    The sky started to clear, and the oldest daughter, who could have been 16 or 26, was hard to tell, was makin googly eyes at me.
                    I dont know the culture here, or the requirements for a shotgun wedding (well, here its probably a 'sickle' wedding)
                    so I decided to skedaddle. I didnt think this would be something I could pass off easily to Poly, like when I bring home another bike!
                    hahahaha

I offered the mom some money for her kindness, as I knew they could use it. she refused, so I just laid it on the windowsill &
                    said thanks much, as I walked out.

Everything was flooded, the road, the yard, etc, but it was running off the road quick, I only had to ford 2 small rivers.

my hail haven

comin down like a cow pissin on a flat rock

this was fun to ride on......
                    some places it was 2 inches deep!

then the sun came out, 10 miles later, dust is blowing, they didnt get a drop!

Коментар

Страхотна находка !
                      Поздравления за Дъг.
                      Успял е да пресъздаде цялото настроение между преходно и вечно.

Zabriskie Point <> Armeniskie Point.

Great find!
                      Congratulations to Doug.
                      Is able to recreate the whole atmosphere between the transient and ever.
                      Последно редактирано от giorgio; 28-08-10, 08:43.
                      Не ми пука за лака , а за пропуснатите приключения ))

Коментар

Doug, I understand that you have found a coil.
                        Hope your motorcycle, do not break more!
                        Have a nice trip!
                        Land Rover Discovery I; Jeep Wrangler 4.0; Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2.
                        Honda Transalp XL600V; Suzuki DR-Z400; BMW F800GS.

Коментар

Пак спря СПОТА на Дъг. На 26 вечерта спря край езерото Ван. Днес вече е 28-ми и още не е тръгнал. Някой има ли инфо какво става?
                          Празен път с планини на хоризонта, бензин в резервоара и километри... Десетки, стотици и хиляди километри, които гумите жадно да захапват и да претворяват в емоции...
                          Златомир Попов - Forry

Коментар

I just turned on my spot, I am in tatvan waiting to hear if the coil has shipped. I call, but get no answer.
                            I was supposed to pay for it by bank transfer this morning, but the bank here is closed, so I dont know what will happen.

if the 1st idiot I talked to at 11am yesterday had bothered to send me the info like he promised, I would have paid, & had the coil today.

Doug

Коментар

Doug, ask at first workshop to make a bashplate for you. The chance for broken frame will be much less. HD is a great adv enduro bike, bashplate will suits it

Коментар

it has a bashplate, I put one on when I built the bike

they say the coil is shipped, & will be here tomorrow!

Doug

Коментар

Активност за темата

Свий

В момента има 1 потребители онлайн. 0 потребители и 1 гости.

Най-много потребители онлайн 8,787 в 16:37 на 21-06-23.

Зареждам...
                                X