X

• Филтър
  • Час
  • Покажи
Изчисти всичко
нови мнения

• Advice Please

Hi Guys & Girls,

I am an Englishman that lives in Moscow, Russia, but I am moving to Bulgaria sometime this month (March 09). I am going to be living near Yambol to start with until I find a suitable property to buy.

I am selling my old Audi 8 here in Moscow and have a plan to buy a working 4x4 such as Mitsubishi L200, Toyota Hilux, Isuzu D-Max, Nissan Navara Pick-Up etc. I am currently researching the German automobile sites to find a suitable vehicle, but am not sure if this is the best place to buy as my money is in US Dollars so any advice here would be appreciated.

The other thing that I really do NOT understand is how import taxes on vehicles moving within the EU. If I buy a 4x4 in Germany for example, do I ask for them to take the VAT off if I want to export the vehicle to Bulgaria or, is this not allowed? Also, how do Bulgarian Customs tax vehicles being imported into your country? How do they assess the taxes?

I was under the impression that once a vehicle was Customs Tax paid in an EU country that as long as it stayed within the EU that no other Custom's Taxes need be paid, but it seems that I am wrong!

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Now, get back to treating your women on International Women's Day.

До: Advice Please

Първоначално публикуван от Moscow_Wolf Преглед на мнение
    ... The other thing that I really do NOT understand is how import taxes on vehicles moving within the EU. If I buy a 4x4 in Germany for example, do I ask for them to take the VAT off if I want to export the vehicle to Bulgaria or, is this not allowed? Also, how do Bulgarian Customs tax vehicles being imported into your country? How do they assess the taxes? ...
    No customs duties within the EU. As far as VAT is concerned, you cannot avoid the VAT. If you buy as a person from a company in e.g. Germany, you'll have to pay the German VAT (19%). If you buy using a company which is VAT registered here, the seller will invoice you without the VAT but then you'll have to pay VAT here (20%).
    Ние не сме неутрални!

Коментар

I would not bother buying from abroad. Here the car market (both second hand and new) is suffering from the financial crisis and prices are very low.
      Зима иде

Коментар

Първоначално публикуван от huko Преглед на мнение
        I would not bother buying from abroad. Here the car market (both second hand and new) is suffering from the financial crisis and prices are very low.
        Many thanks to both of you, but can you recommend any Bulgarian sites where I can view Used Vehicles? I think that I found one, but was unable to register as I could not answer some anti-spam question in Bulgarian. I think it was 'what is the name of the Bulgarian President?' But, I couldn't answer it as I didn't have a Cyrillic keyboard.

I was trying to find an Isuzu dealer and did in Sofia, but he only had Buses and Trucks on his site, no Pick-Ups at all.

I read earlier today on a EU site (CN Code 8703) that Bulgaria levies the following taxes on imported vehicles: -

Vehicles over 120 kW to 150 kW - BGN 35 per 1 kW.

Vehicles over 150 kW - BGN 60 per 1 kW

Is this still being enforced?

Anyway, many thanks for help and advice. I will buy in BG if I can find the right sites to identify vehicles, but if not I shall have to buy before getting there as I have my Girlfriend and Dog to collect at Sofia Airport.

Коментар

Първоначално публикуван от Moscow_Wolf Преглед на мнение
          but can you recommend any Bulgarian sites where I can view Used Vehicles?

I will buy in BG if I can find the right sites to identify vehicles
          Can't help you much as I dont live in Bulgaria but I think this one might be usefull: http://www.mobilen.bg/pcgi/main.cgi?...u=2&leftmenu=2. It is in Bulgarian but using some common sence will help . Ah, the search buton is in the top right corner.
          Hope this helps a bit.
          Stop fawkin email me! I'm trying to drink....
          http://www.danasoft.com/sig/mitak.jpg
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A53Mx...eature=related

Коментар

Hi MW,

From my experiance cars in BG seem to be expensive compared to other parts of Europe, I think this is mainly because most of the cars are imports already and I guess a profit has to be made. I have also heard that Bulgarians here in the uk are taking back cars they buy here because they are cheaper and they get used to rhd. I am not certain how you will be able to register a car in BG because I think you have to be registered living there which can take a long time money and big scissors for the red tape
            To register an import car tax free you will need to find somebody with disability status or have owned the car for 6 months in the countries origin.

D

Коментар

The prices are HIGH, but not many people are able to sell. I decided that the best for me is to buy a NIVA. I do not know where to buy a second-hand one for 8700 Lev or a new one for 15000 Lev as I want to add many expensive extras.

Any advice? (besides don't buy a NIVA).

Коментар

My advise: do not buy Long-wheel base NIVA.
                For the SWB: Do not get the decorative plastic mouldings over the fenders !
                Totally useless and expensive.
                In general the NIVAs are easy to maintain. Not much space inside, but for daily rides it is just fine.
                The new NIVAs are usually OK. The bad name comes from earlier years, when the particular vehicle quality was directly dependant on the day of the week it was assembled
                Be more alert and gentle to it the first 10 000 kms - just in case.
                With a little luck - you might need nothing except the regular oil changes.
                Even if something is not right - usually it is an easy fix.

Stick around - there are a lot of useful info about these cars in the forum. Another incentive to learn Bulgarian. If you are planning to live in BG - as sooner you learn it - the better.
                I am sure there are forum members from Yambol - they will help you too.

However for 15 000 BGN you can get a decent Discovery or .... LWB Vitara. Your choice.
                Cheers
                Последно редактирано от Slick; 23-03-09, 22:06.

Коментар

Активност за темата

Свий

Тук са 2 потребители онлайн. 0 потребители и 2 гости.

Най-много потребители онлайн 8,787 в 16:37 на 21-06-23.

Зареждам...
                X