Свий
X

• Филтър
  • Час
  • Покажи
Изчисти всичко
нови мнения

• wildroves lightweight

Hi, and thanks for your warm welcome. I hope to meet all of you in the months to come. And for the Land Rover Gang, a quick description of my much-loved, abused and well travelled lightweight. Well, to call it a lightweight is stretching things a bit far. The external body is, but the chassis and axles are early Range Rover, the engine is a 200 tdi from an early Disco and the gearbox is a R380 from a later Disco. It has Arb lockers front and rear and hydraulic winches front and rear. The back one is built in to the rear cross-member as are the rear lights. The winches are powered by a power take-off pump on the rear of the gearbox. The suspension has about a 4 inch lift with 15 inches of travel on the shocks. The top of the bulkhead, doors and rear body have been cut down to keep the landy the same height as a standard 90. Inside, the standard seat box has been removed and the floor checker plated to take two sprung truck seats. All the electrics have been mounted in the roof to keep them dry. In the back, the floor has been levelled off across the wheel arches with 3 under floor storage boxes for all those little bits you need on an expedition but don't want flying about in the cab with you. And finally topped off with a full internal roll cage. As for photos there are some in this months offroad bg and we have more on our web site and I will try to get the missus to put some here as well as soon as she has a spare hour or two.
    Уайлдроувърс 4х4 ЕООД /Wildrovers 4X4 Ltd
    Авточасти за вашия Land Rover/Quality parts and offroad experience for your Land Rover
    +359 884 906 944 Ростислав / Rostislav

Re: wildroves lightweight

Can you put up some pics of this great LW ?
    It's the best looking model ever made by LR.

Коментар

Yes certainly - shall do that tomorrow while Chris is laying workshop floor
      Авточасти за вашия Land Rover/Quality parts and offroad experience for your Land Rover

Коментар

Първоначално публикуван от Dirk Преглед на мнение
        Can you put up some pics of this great LW ?
        It's the best looking model ever made by LR.
        They are in Wildrovers album now. Happy viewing!

Коментар

До: wildroves lightweight

Thank you.Perfect 4x4 machine.I want to see in action.Еxcuse mе for my English!
          Последно редактирано от Yaro; 20-10-08, 22:04.
          ДИМИТЪР ДОРОСИЕВ(Дявол Коледа)Хард Suzuki Samurai 1.6(каквото е останало от него),и паркетен Samurai 1.3.
          тел.088четири 9едно9 4нула4
          -------------------------------------------------------

Коментар

Първоначално публикуван от wildrovers Преглед на мнение
            They are in Wildrovers album now. Happy viewing!

You have lost me here. Where can I find this album?

Коментар

До: Re: wildroves lightweight

Първоначално публикуван от Dirk Преглед на мнение
              You have lost me here. Where can I find this album?
              You go to Wildrovers Profile page. The user albums are in the right bottom side of the page.

Коментар

Re: До: Re: wildroves lightweight

Първоначално публикуван от Yaro Преглед на мнение
                You go to Wildrovers Profile page. The user albums are in the right bottom side of the page.

thanks

wildrover
                wow
                lost for words

Коментар

Your lady looks very well, indeed. I am not a big fan of LR, but you've done a great amount of work and it looks great.
                  A short question arises. As i noticed, you've participated in Ladoga rally. Why did you use Jimny there?
                  Георги Гатев

Коментар

Re: До: wildroves lightweight

Първоначално публикуван от trimata Преглед на мнение
                    Your lady looks very well, indeed. I am not a big fan of LR, but you've done a great amount of work and it looks great.
                    A short question arises. As i noticed, you've participated in Ladoga rally. Why did you use Jimny there?
                    Thanks for your nice comments. We weren't ignoring you! I posted a reply to this but it got lost somewhere and timed out. So I'll try again. The Land Rover is modified so much that it could only have gone in the Prototype class. But it was not modified for that sort of off-roading and I could not have competed with the vehicles in that class that were built with Ladoga in mind. So with financial and time constraits as important factors, I built the Jimny for the standard vehicle class. Also I had some sponsorship on offer from a Suzuki dealer AND it was fun (in a scary sort of way).

Коментар

Hi Chris, welcome to the club

I've had the pleasure of taking a good look at the lightweight in Belogradchik and chatting with you for a while.

You've got a very nice vehicle, I'd say unique for Bulgaria!

Hope to see you soon on the trail!
                      A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar.

Коментар

Hi and welcome!

I have one question:Which engine is better for offroad - V8 or Tdi and why?
                        M.P.

Коментар

Активност за темата

Свий

В момента има 1 потребители онлайн. 0 потребители и 1 гости.

Най-много потребители онлайн 8,787 в 16:37 на 21-06-23.

Зареждам...
                        X