Свий
X

• Филтър
  • Час
  • Покажи
Изчисти всичко
нови мнения

• Garmin за iPhone

Попаднах на Гармин за ифоне - софтуерчето е само 39.99 $. http://www8.garmin.com/apps/
    Но за съжаление все още го няма за Андроид, пък само заради него НЯМА да си сменя телефона

От: Garmin за iPhone

Няма и да го има като отделно приложение за Андроид.
    Темата беше коментирана вече - Асус имат правата за Гармин навигация за Андроид.
    Това пък за Iphone е само с онлайн сваляне на картите и е само за US и Канада.
    Seat Leon FR 2017 1.8 TSI
    Seat Leon 2007 1.9 TDI

Коментар

Сигурно е така
      А и отзивите са ужасни, при това на сайта на Гармин:
      Customer Reviews
      Look elsewhere.

by Hooopz
      App is not worth the price. Very disappointing since Garmin is supposedly the world leader in the personal navigation market. This should be the beta version of 1.0. It stinks!

Maps are still slow, the update did not fix that problem. Also there are voice bugs. For example I live on a street with the abbreviation "Dr" after it. Pretty universal that means "Drive", right? Well Garmin thinks it should be pronounced "Doctor". FAIL.

Still 1 star.

...More
      Better than most reviews would have you believe

by Tom Johnson
      This has the potential to be the best of the nav apps. I've used several and Garmin gets much right. What they get right is everything the others got wrong. Of course, they've missed the mark in a few notable spots.

First the pluses:

The interface is fantastic. Typical Garmin, which means very straight forward and simple. I have both the TomTom and Navigon apps and one of my big gripes is how address input is handled - it's backwards, state, street, THEN address. Garmin gives you a set of boxes on one screen that looks like an address section on any website. Once found, tap the small email icon in the lower left corner and you have the choice save the address as a favorite, among other things. Thumbs-up.

What isn't displayed on the map screen is one screen below, accessed via the page curl, where you can see a list of directions, a map of the route, cancel the trip, or a couple other things. Again, it's simple and easy to use.

A non-issue so far:
      Over-the-air maps. They have delivered just fine and haven't left me hanging, but I'm also in decent coverage. I'll be taking a long drive this weekend that should have me out of coverage and I'm curious to see what happens. For in-town use, which is 95% of my driving, this seems to work just fine. I'm not sure why Garmin chose OTA maps, but it's obviously one that upsets buyers. Probably not a wise move just from that aspect alone, despite OTA maps working okay most of the time. Perhaps there should be an option to download and permanently store a mapset if/when needed.

Now for some issues:

Despite having changed the setting so Streetpilot *AVOIDS* HOV lanes, it chose to route me down an HOV lane. This is not a case of mistaken identity - the app called out the HOV lane as I approached. I have seen this behavior in the TomTom app as well. Luckily I'm familiar with the area I was driving in so I could avoid it but this needs to be fixed.

Recacalculating crash: I opted to take a different route than advised, and as soon as the Garmin voice barked out it's well known, rude-toned "Recalcalculating" the app crashed. When restarted, it did ask if I wanted to continue my previous route, but the matter is that it crashed, period.

Voice quality: despite having had an update, and mind you I haven't heard the earlier version, this voice is still a bit muffled/garbled. Just listen to the FREE Mapquest's voice to understand the quality of voice that can be offered. Mapquest isn't up to the level of Garmin in other areas, especially user interface, mainly, but the voice is a giant leap beyond what $40 Garmin offers. I would be happy to have a much larger app if it means a higher quality voice.

Overall, I think Garmin is very close to having THE nav app. A few more updates will likely take care of the issues. It's frustrating that we have to be their guinea pigs, but I'm confident Garmin will work pretty hard to make sure they're getting better reviews than they currently are. They've had a great reputation in the standalone market and they surely want that to continue here on the app store.

...More
      No nuvi

by padunkajunk
      Not a nuvi replacement. Not even close. Just wasted $40. Don't be naive like me, be sure to read the reviews before buying.

Коментар

Е, то е логично таблетите и смартфони са най-голямата конкуренция на нувитата.
        Последно редактирано от asterix85; 27-01-11, 14:28.

Коментар

Първоначално публикуван от asterix85 Преглед на мнение
          Е, то е логично таблетите и смартфони са най-голямата конкуренция на нувитата.
          Само, че който не влиза бързо в час, бързо губи позиции. Вместо да печелят от продажбата на софтуер за бързо развиващия се Андроид пазарен дял, Garmin се опитват да поставят потребителите в позиция или да си купят смешния Асус, или да ползват смартфон + Garmin GPS, което естествено ще доведе до пренасочването на потребители към iGo, Navitel, Sygic. Аз например вече ползвам Navitel с картата на Пелала. Хвалят и bgroutingmap, та обмислям закупуването и в близко бъдеще - в момента е на промоция заедно с Navitel-a.
          Седя и си мисля... по едно време усещам, че само седя...

Коментар

@ silverfox

Не мога да говоря за политиката на гармин както и решенията, които взимат. Но от това, което съм забелязал гармин не са обикновена софтуерна компанийка, която иска да пробие на пазара на мобилните платформи.

Коментар

И най-големите компанни страдат от неправилни решения. Колкото по-голяма компания, толкова по-големи загуби. Естествено не мога да се сравнявам с анализаторите в Гармин, но това е моето виждане по въпроса.
              Седя и си мисля... по едно време усещам, че само седя...

Коментар

Аз също не мога да се съглася с решенията им да не правят нещо, което да конкурира хардуера им.
                Все пак има пътници за всеки влак. Може би наистина, един добър софтуер за смартфон може да е предпочетен пред някое Нуви, но пък туристическите и останали продукти са без никаква конкуренция. Да се развиват по-добре в тази посока.
                Има и друго. Колкото повече потребители, повече продадени карти. Да поработят над кодирането им и да пуснат софтуер за възможно най-много платформи безплатно. Или на по-разумна цена.
                Seat Leon FR 2017 1.8 TSI
                Seat Leon 2007 1.9 TDI

Коментар

Гармин за АйФон

Garmin has finally created a navigation app for the iPhone, and now StreetPilot for iPhone is available in the App Store for $40. Here’s a review where we compare the iPhone version to another Garmin hardware GPS navigator, the Nuvi 1690.

Това е според машабъл.ком

Коментар

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garmi...435490305?mt=8

вече има нормален софт, който не иска постоянна връзка с мрежата - картите са на телефона
                    последна версия на спийд камерите и засадите: http://paralax.org/garmin/

Коментар

Активност за темата

Свий

В момента има 1 потребители онлайн. 0 потребители и 1 гости.

Най-много потребители онлайн 8,787 в 16:37 на 21-06-23.

Зареждам...
                    X